Frustrated DIY person

And one of those folding things to piss in when you're stuck in traffic.

Reply to
Bob Eager

AutoAid?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Battery rattle gun and an electric jack

Reply to
FMurtz

I gave each of my kids something like this -

Doesn't take up much space, and can be very useful.

Reply to
S Viemeister

But have either of you had to call them?

The AA were always quick when the van broke down/would not start/caught fire/ gf spun her car on the A64 etc.

I am hoping the Skoda does non of that.

Reply to
ARW

Travelodge on a very hot night. The window only opened slightly, there were restricting brackets. Next week took Alan Keys, not one of them would fit.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

No air con?

Reply to
ARW

Nope. Do Travelodges have air con? Gaffer did not like the cost of Travelodges too very much. I made him a LOT of money. He once booked me a "nice little bed and breakfast". Shithole, I sat outside for over an hour waiting for the bitch to arrive. That was the last time he booked me into a "nice little bed and breakfast".

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Stiff wire. You can mend most things with stiff wire.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Some Travelodges now have air con.

I once did a B&B where you had to be in for 10pm as the doors would be locked. I am not sure who won the argument at 2 am but I did sleep in the place for the night.

I am unsure if I was banned from stopping there again before I refused to stop there again.

Reply to
ARW

Are there any breakdown recovery services that just charge you per job, with a nominal membership fee? I was with the AA for 30 years (private and and company), and only called them out twice.

Reply to
Max Demian

I've called them out one Sat night in Leeds last December when exhaust came apart after flexi/downpipe. Withun 20mins, 1st truck said he would take me to Hartshead on M62 to wait for another to Manchester. By end of M621 I got a call from another outfit sent to the breakdown, so 1st truck took me back into Leeds and car was swapped between trucks. I recommend based on my experience. Think I paid £48 for 15 months.

Reply to
Part timer

Mattress?

Noooooo! AutoAid. And buy it through TopCashBack for the discount.

Wife (we're both covered on the one policy in whatever we're driving) and daughters have. No problems.

I'd like to fix the voice in the lifts at our local hospital. Essex voice in a lift in Yorkshire for goodness sake.

Is this a 'decent' enough yorkshire accent ?

whisky-dave

:-) Do you take them home again at the end of the hol?

Reply to
Jim K..

Wink wink! Given half a chance?

Reply to