Frustrated DIY person

Do you ever go to a public place and wish you could fix something before it gets worse? Just been to a hospital.

Powered doors that have worn the hinges and the door is rubbing on the floor.

Press down taps that don't progressively close and dribble from the top.

"Doors Closing" voice in lifts unclear - surely not a tape recording!

Nursing staff unable to wind up cables tidily.

Yes - I am a sad git who takes a screwdriver on holiday with me and a spare washer for between the shower head and hose as they usually leak.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Wherever I go I usually have a couple of small screwdrivers, some hex keys and for some odd reason a drum key in my bag. Perhaps I'm hoping I'll be at a gig and someone will call over the PA is there a guitar tech in the house?

Ironically it's the drum key that's most often used: it's the right size for bleeding radiator valves.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

My key ring has an MK key switch key on it.

Reply to
charles

In 1981 when I was admitted to hospital with head injuries, the student nurse would dutifully wake me every four hours and test my pupil reflexes with a pen torch with a battery that could barely sustain the dullest orange glow from the filament.

Reply to
Graham.

on 15/02/2019, Graham. supposed :

Did you put her a set of new batteries in?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In message <ZJSdnbAPH_x-b snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk>, Jim K.. snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Heh. World's most travelled washer? Does it send a postcard from holiday destinations worldwide? It definitely needs a dedicated FB page :-)

Reply to
Graeme

I was just going to say that. So does mine.

Reply to
Bob Eager

But you need to file it down to fit a Click key switch.

I also in the car carry a meter box key.

Reply to
ARW

Too late.

You could have done a blog on the hose washer for the last how many years?

You may now have missed out on on the chance of fame and fortune..........

Reply to
ARW

Graeme snipped-for-privacy@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@binnsroad.myzen.co.uk:

It lives in the zipped pocket of some trousers I always wear for flights! Goes through the wash!

Reply to
DerbyBorn

snap

Reply to
charles

Yes I can identify with your feelings. The lift and doors particularly. What is the point of a speaking lift if it sounds like a gagged ventriloquist? Its actually digital normally, but the problem is either the speaker itself or maybe the muck inside it Doors in NHS, yes many many of those about. The annoying ones are those which have a little lever at the top so the doors closing in the wrong order is supposed to trip the other one to open enough for the first one to slip behind to prevent draught. In fact what happens is it gets wedged part open due to all the friction and the wind howls though the gap.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Hmm, one does have o be careful though. the cops do not like you carrying screwdrivers in your pockets I find. I imagine its all the stabbings that have been in the news. Which reminds me my screwdriver cosy for the sharp end has yet again vanished.... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Mine has a key that seems to open any Thames Water compounds I have come across. Also one issued by Herts. Highways for their barrier padlocks.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I must start to fill the car up with crap now that I have one.

Trolley jack, tow rope and jump leads are already in there. The hi viz vests are in the washer ready to go in.

So I need a couple of screwdrivers and some snips. Ill probably get a tyre inflator as well.

Care to mention anything else I have missed?

Reply to
ARW

"Brian Gaff" snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in news:q48hpg$9jn$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

But it needs someone to raise paperwork and assign a budget holder to get it fixed!

Reply to
DerbyBorn

a bar of chocolate for (a) the g/f while you sort out the flat or whatever else you've done wrong; or (b) you when it's midnight and the breakdown service tell you it's a 2 hour wait?

and a bottle of water

Reply to
Robin

Mum ended-up in hospital recently and needed a ring cutting off, the cutter was powered by 4xAA that were flat it stalled every time it touched the ring, a second battery pack was also flat, I offered to go and buy some from the WH Smiths in the foyer ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

That's it. I have no breakdown cover. Time to call the AA and restart my membership. I had it suspended when I got a works van. I am of course ready to haggle with the renewal costs (or go elsewhere)

Reply to
ARW

That would have been cheap.

Reply to