Front door lock - how to adjust it?

I don't now what the correct terminology for the lock parts are - but here goes anyway... :) Our front door lock needs adjusting (somehow). Have to pull it closed pertty hard as the lock plunger does not get pushed back in as it contacts the "fixed part" on the door upright. The plunger itself is not stiff and can be easily pushed in all the way by hand. So I guess the gap may be the problem? (As in pic) If so what should the gap actually be?
http://www.telmek.net/pics/lock.jpg
thanks
On 14/10/2011 12:06, dave wrote:

If the door has shut without problem in the past then it is unlikely that the gap is the problem. Have you tried smearing a bit of grease on the tongue and the striker plate?
--
Kev

Justice? You get justice in the next world,
On 14/10/2011 12:06, dave wrote:

I can't make the picture link work - does it work for anyone else?
--
Cheers,
Roger
On 14/10/2011 21:53, Roger Mills wrote:

Yes - it worked for me.
--
Kev

Justice? You get justice in the next world,
On 15/10/2011 07:46, Ret. wrote:

Not Found
The requested URL /pics/lock.jpg was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Andy

Yes - same message now - but it did work on the day of the initial post.
dave wrote:

Dave,
Could you check the link that you gave, as I am unable to open your pic - either Firefox or Internet Eplorer?
I'm getting the same error message as Andy Champ
Cash
Needs oiling!