Fridge winter button

You're under it.
--
A foursome of ladies was standing on a tee when a streaker ran across the fairway in front of them. One lady asks, "Is that Dick Green?"
Another replied, "No, I think it's just the reflection off the grass."

I chose her out a very long list. You chose the wankers doom.

There aren't many decent ones about.
--
How do you titillate an ocelot?
Oscillate its titalot.

I have tried to help you out in the past on this subject.

Really? Have you shown me a free hot woman with a decent personality who lives close to me?
--
What's the difference between spit and swallow?
Forty pounds of pressure on the back of her head.

Hot has nothing to do with it.

I don't wish to look at a dour woman.
--
Excuse me sir, are you playing the bagpipes or deflating your cat?

On Wed, 24 Jul 2013 14:39:32 +0100, "Mr Pounder"

Philosophers have been pondering that one since..., well since fridges first had lights.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 2:33:31 PM UTC+1, Tim Downie wrote:

Actually, it does need to warm the whole thing - if it just warmed the thermostat the rest of the fridge compartment would get too cold, just as it would if you turned the fridge thermostat down

Yes it does, or you'd get a frozen fridge like you said earlier.
--
If Russia invaded Turkey from behind, would Greece help?

Do they still make fridges like the one i have? single compressor with an evaporator in the freezer compartment only, fridge compartment above the freezer (both the same size) Middle of the rear of the freezer compartment is a fan (behind a panel), and ducting to the fridge compartment, with a few servo operated flaps in the ducting,
When the freezer wants cooling, compressor starts up, freezer cools down, if the fridge then calls for cooling whilst the compressor is on, fan starts up and flaps open, blowing cold air from the freezer into the fridge part, cold outlet at the top of the fridge, air return at the bottom.
If the freezer dosent want cooling, and the fridge does, the fan starts up, flaps open and the fridge cools from the latent coolness in the freezer, then if the freezer gets warm enough due to the fridge sucking cold air out and letting warmish air back in, the compressor will start up,

The instructions for my fridge freezer say its function is to warm up the whole fridge - so that the thermostat then triggers and cools it down again.

Because that would make the fridge unnecessarily cold?

Oh my. So it actually warms down the fridge that it's trying to keep cool. That seems rather inefficient.
Daniele

"Warms up" I think you mean, and yes, it is a bit inefficient. It is however a lot cheaper that a fridgefreezer with two stats and compressors.
Tim

Why not have two stats and a valve with one compressor? You don't have two pumps in your central heating.
--
_.-"-._
_.-' `-._
On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:34:44 PM UTC+1, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

That's exactly what some fridge-freezes do have. Our one from Hotpoint (RFA18 I think) being an example.
On Wed, 24 Jul 2013 11:11:40 +0100, D.M. Procida wrote:

one

ambient

actively

in

activate

Because that would move the set point of the fridge compartment, making it too cold.

No, it's been heated by the energy from the light... The set point remains the same but because there is too small a heat loss from the fridge compartment when in a cool/cold enviroment the compressor doesn't run and the freezer also warms up. By artificially warming the fridge compartment the compressor comes on and keeps the freezer closer to the right temperature.
--
Cheers
Dave.