Fridge winter button

Actually, it does need to warm the whole thing - if it just warmed the thermostat the rest of the fridge compartment would get too cold, just as it would if you turned the fridge thermostat down

Reply to
docholliday93

Yes it does, or you'd get a frozen fridge like you said earlier.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Why? That won't do them enough harm, you need something more violent like a washer drier.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Just how big is her thumb?

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Why not have two stats and a valve with one compressor? You don't have two pumps in your central heating.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Wot?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

squeeze

Isn't there Public Information Film about fridges and children?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Philosophers have been pondering that one since..., well since fridges first had lights.

Reply to
Graham.

You're under it.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Warning you they'll eat all the food then be too fat to get through the door? Not entirely sure how else a fridge could be remotely dangerous.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Do they still make fridges like the one i have? single compressor with an evaporator in the freezer compartment only, fridge compartment above the freezer (both the same size) Middle of the rear of the freezer compartment is a fan (behind a panel), and ducting to the fridge compartment, with a few servo operated flaps in the ducting,

When the freezer wants cooling, compressor starts up, freezer cools down, if the fridge then calls for cooling whilst the compressor is on, fan starts up and flaps open, blowing cold air from the freezer into the fridge part, cold outlet at the top of the fridge, air return at the bottom.

If the freezer dosent want cooling, and the fridge does, the fan starts up, flaps open and the fridge cools from the latent coolness in the freezer, then if the freezer gets warm enough due to the fridge sucking cold air out and letting warmish air back in, the compressor will start up,

Reply to
Gazz

children?

tm

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

What absolute bullshit. Every fridge I've seen you simply pull to open, no catch from the outside. The force you apply on the handle to open from the outside could VERY easily b applied by simply pushing on the door from the inside. Which is the first thing they'd do if they were stuck or panicked.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

I think you meant

Gefreiter Krueger

What do you think is bullshit? In 1971 many old fridges did have catches rather than magnetic seals.

Whether you have seen such fridges or not, a number of children - children being notorious for their delight in climibing into things - died in them.

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

Which is why all domestic fridges and freezers must now have magnetic seals, following a change in the law shortly after this film was made.

The film was made in response to a number of deaths involving children in fridges that had been dumped at the side of the road or elsewhere.

Some of us were alive then....

The fridge in our kitchen up to at least 1975 when I left home had a door that could only be opened from the outside, as did the chest freezer in the shed.

Reply to
John Williamson

Some f****it children who couldn't knock on the door to get the attention of their friends. Oh what a shame.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

This is why the world is full of idiots, because we no longer let them remove themselves from the gene pool.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

My parents' first fridge was like that, and so was ours (second-hand).

Reply to
S Viemeister

Some normally sensible children who preferred to play on their own because they'd had a row with their siblings. Dead within minutes of closing the door, well before they were missed...

They often chose that place to play because there were no others around, and closing the door wasn't always a deliberate action.

Reply to
John Williamson