Fridge questions

Don't encourage him! ..

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

He/she needs encouragement? My twit filter suggests otherwise.

PoP

PoP

You don't know much about that either.

You said you lived in Sarf Landan. have you moved? Are are you porkie telling?

Reply to
IMM

Bracknell;? My God!

Reply to
IMM

You'd be surprised.

Nope. I never have lived where you suggest. I think you have confused yourself.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Our IMM is suffering from early dementia I think. Just recently he was adamant I lived in Basingstoke, which is a bit too far away for us to have met to share a beer (with several others it has to be said).

Talking of beer......?

PoP

PoP

You're right.

Shall I try and organise something for later this month?

For the last (first) one, did you need to contact the pub, or was it just a case of show up?

Do we want a different venue?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

There are no decent boozers in Basingstoke. It is an appalling place along with Woking and Wokingham.

Reply to
IMM

Basingstoke probably wasn't under consideration.

Have you been to either of the other places?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes, no problem!

My wife and I popped along to have a quiet chat with the staff the weekend before (as I recall). No special bookings required. Nice food.

I have no problem either way, quite happy with the last place (The Green Man?). I tend towards the Wokingham/Bracknell side of Reading if there's a choice, simply because of logistics of getting to/from, but I wouldn't demand special treatment in this respect - others might prefer a more distant location.

Suggestions I would offer for decent pubs not so far from me include the following, which are all on the way to The Green Man for me:

Three Legged Cross: Excellent little pub, emphasis on "little". You need to be good friends and not have someone with BO in the group to meet there, and hope that you don't choose a night when the local WI is meeting otherwise you'll probably end up with a couple of grannies sat on your knee. And I mean that seating room is tight - your living room might be bigger ;) Good place if you are out with the other half on a Sunday afternoon cruise and want to try a nice little place.

Location:

and Hounds: Much bigger, couple of bar areas and a separate "restaurant" area, though built for dwarves and Santa's helpers (low height ceilings). Remember to take forehead repair kit. History in terms of King Whatisname used to use it during the hunting season. Probably haunted given its background. Good food selection.

Location:

Inn: Changed its name recently - might be called the Bullfinch now, but the only pub for a couple of miles around so I doubt you could get lost - Citreon garage immediately opposite, in the middle of nowhere. Decent food. Went there recently, seems to have become more of a Berni Inn in terms of service, which I felt tends towards production line serving arrangements.

Location:

PoP