Fridge for fitted kitchen

We've got a fitted kitchen, inherited from the last owners.

The fridge is rubbish, either it's faulty or simply a poor spec, either way I want to replace it.

Where, and where is the best place to source 'bare bones' fridges for fitted kitchens ? Are they a standard size too ?

TIA

Reply to
Mark Carver

Presumably you're talking about a fridge which is free-standing (with it's own legs) and fits in a 600mm gap between two existing units; and has a door to match the rest of the kitchen?

If so, yes, they're a standard size (or at least they are now - would be worth double checking the dimensions against what you have now.

They are readily available from any fridge retailer: I'd recommend

as a good place to start.

Be warned they are much more expensive than a normal stand-alone fridge

- might just be worthwhile exploring the repair option first?

David

Reply to
Lobster

That's it yes. It sits (on its own shelf) above a freezer. The freezer is fine. I'm not at home right now, but ISTR the fridge is about 80cm in height.

Thanks for that, they are pricy aren't they !

Thanks for the advice David, Cheers

Reply to
Mark Carver

When I got mine, MFI offered a good price for their own brand models, cheaper even than the internet retailers, although they were technically basic (no frost free or suchlike).

Before you order, check the height. There are lots of different sizes depending on whether they are intended to go under the worktop (but above the plinth, or using the space behind the plinth), above the worktop, or to occupy the height from worktop to the top of wall mounted units etc.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

As it happens I've got one of those going spare, awaiting ebay-ing (APM6121 I think, and almost new:

Let me know if you're interested and are in the Cheshire area!

Isn't this something to do with whether it's described as 'built-in' or 'built-under'? Or do the two mean the same thing? I've never quite sussed it.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Thanks to all who replied on and off group. I removed the existing unit last night to check dimensions, and general 'ease of job', and now have a new fridge on order from QED.

QED do *appear* to be significantly cheaper than the other 'on liners', until you get to the delivery charge (40 quid!). After that they were still only just cheaper than the competition, so I went through with them.

I used QED last year to order some Hi Fi kit, and had no problems.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Mark Carver

I've used QED a few times and had no problems. They're the online version of Miller Brothers, IIRC.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle