fridge condensation

Couldn't think of a better place to post this. I've just moved into a new flat, with a Neff fridge/freezer. I assume it's around 10 years old, maybe a bit more.

I have the temperature control set at 3 (midrange) and the flat is at an ambient 20 deg C (ish). After a few days, there are a _lot_ of moisture droplets on most items. A shepherd's pie in a plastic container had a mini-lake at the bottom.

Anyone got any ideas?

antgel

Blocked drain hole perhaps?

Another A

Reply to
Alan Shilling

And I take it that the fridge is all plugged in and switched on. The light comes on when you open the door ?

Can you hear the fridge making humming noises every so often ? Are all the compartments cold to the touch ? Are the goodies inside cold to the touch ?

Check at the bottom of the chiller plate, usually found on the inside back wall, to see if it has something that looks like a roof gutter along the bottom of it. If water is lying in it, then the drainage hole in the centre is blocked and you'll need something long and thin to push down it, to clear it out.

Try turning the thermostat to it fullest setting for a day or two to see if it makes any difference.

Reply to
BigWallop

Also should have added that #1 is the warmest setting, remember. :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

  1. Check that the door closes every time. If my hands are full I sometimes push with my shoulder and the door fails to close completely.
  2. Check that the seals are unbroken and seal properly (use a strip of paper).

  1. Wrap/cover all food and ensure that it is at room temperature before putting it in the fridge.

Reply to
John Flax

Sounds morew like there is a problem with the door seals of the fridge, allowing some circulation of outside air into the fridge, and the resultant condensation as it cools.

Reply to
MarkM

Door seals are by far the most likely culprit, especially on a 10 year old model. Next is an integrated fridge where the mountings mean the door doesn't actually shut properly even when the cabinet is closed.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle