French Doors and Water Ingress

We just had some sliding patio doors replaced with French Doors, but have noticed that after heavy rainfull there is quite a lot of water sitting at the bottom of the frames. To aid with my description I've put a picture here

which may help to make things clearer.

Some water is obviously expecxted as there is a drain channel. However the area highlighted pink also fills with water and although there are gaps through to the drain gulley the water just tend to sit there. No water gets through the secondary seal to the inside of the house.

Is this normal with twin French doors? The amount of water getting through is quite surprising and I'm not sure if there will be any damaging effects if it sits there permanently. Should I get the installers back ?

Thankd for your input

Jim

Reply to
Jim

?I wouldn't have been able to help but wanted to see the picture.

It didn't come up ... I don't know if that's a prob at my end or yours or in between but thought you might like to know.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Try this instead ..

I think either there is a blockage in the outlet, or the lower part is not level/falling to the outer side.

Reply to
david hodgkinson

?I wouldn't have been able to help but wanted to see the picture.

er - try what instead???

I'm going to bed, have to be up at 4 am to take next doors to the airport.

I'll look tomorrow though.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Try this!

Sparks

I've forgotten what the original problem was.I'm off to the greenhouse! Hope you get good advice :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher