freezers

is there any other reson for ice build up in a freezer other than faulty seal and drain channels ? ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Some plastics are water-vapour-permeable. My (17-yo) fridge-freezer has a door seal which makes opening the door within 10s of closing it rather difficult. I've a tenuous theory that sliced bread in the thin, soft plastic bags is quite good at passing vapour (based on 1 loaf that was in there for some months and was 'stale' when taken out. The 'crisp' bags might be better. I get Ikea's freezer bags as they're good and thick - Morrisons are crap.

Reply to
PeterC