Freesat and PVR installing?

will come in due course.

I was a sky digital (then HD) customer from the beginning and purchased a Humax HDR in December. After 3 months I can now say that the Humax HDR has some deficiencies but in many other ways is superior to the Sky offering. I have no regrets about the purchase.....except that you can now get them for

50 quid less!
Reply to
Vortex2

Only in the sense that it might look like you have one cable from the dish, when in fact it is actually two...

Sky plus is a sky box with two tuners in it. That means you can record one thing and watch another etc. However to work properly it means you also need two connections from the dish, and hence two runs of coax from the dish to the sky box.

In addition to those there would also be a power lead, a connection to your phone, and a connection to the TV via a scart. You may also have a conventional TV aerial "looped through" the sky box.

Reply to
John Rumm

Oh well money *and* food, what more could you want as reward for your efforts! ;-)

Almost certainly - the leads probably have "F connectors" on them. These are small silver plugs - usually with a section at the end that screws onto the socket. It normally has a hex nut profile on it to make getting a grip on the rotating bit easier. Moving them to the new box is simply a case of unscrewing from and inserting and tightening gently on the new one. When removed from the socket you will see a short length of the centre core of the cable poking out then end of the connector.

Well here is the list of channels:

John Rumm

Are the Scots and Irish so honest that they won't even tell lies to their domestic appliances?

Reply to
Graham.

Perhaps the HD content in on a transponder that does not illuminate the outer edges of the country?

Reply to
John Rumm

Wow, 50 quid! Is that more than 7 minutes worth of Sky+ HD?

;-)

Kostas

Reply to
Kostas Kavoussanakis

Looking at the channel listing Five does appear to be there now but I didn't spot fiveUS fiver etc (unless they have renamed em and I'm looking for something that doesn't exist any more...)

They appear in the Freesat list so they must have changed in the last few months as well. B-)

With the card pulled out? With the card in you will still get the FTV channels (Sky 3?) on a Sky box but you won't get FTV channels ona Freesat box only the FTA ones.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 20:09:37 +0000 someone who may be John Rumm wrote this:-

It comes through to this part of this country.

As I understand it a Freesat box does not display the red button thingy to change to ITV HD if it is told that it is in those areas. As well as telling a Freesat box that it is in England or Wales ITV HD can be viewed with a box that does not have the Freesat logo, provided it is suitable and set up properly. A number of the latter are available.

Reply to
David Hansen

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 22:36:58 +0000 (GMT) someone who may be "Dave Liquorice" wrote this:-

While I was looking through the Radio Times last night I checked and my suspicion was wrong. The siblings are not on Freesat at the moment, though I assume they will be when the $ky handcuffs are released.

Reply to
David Hansen

£289.99 now. Someone in Play must have realised that was too cheap.
Reply to
Vortex2

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember David Hansen saying something like:

Freesat HD is also available to anyone with a suitable sat card in their PC, regardless of region.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon