Something rotten at the core of HETAS?

I recently was given a HETAS certificate that was filled in incorrectly by the HETAS registered company and engineer who lined my chimney and installed my Rayburn.

The inaccuracies consisted of:

  1. The liner is castin-situ, certificate says stainless steel.
  2. The liner is 7", the certificate says 6".
  3. No permanent air vent was provided, the certificate says it was.
  4. Certificate claims a new hearth/surround was provided (it wasn't)
  5. Certificate claims flue/appliance was commissioned with a smoke test (it wasn't)

I thought I might as well check with HETAS to see if they got the top copy of the certificate. It appears they have no idea! They are so incompetent that they don't even know whether they have received the certificate or not.

Reply to
tom.harrigan

Try a formal approach - In

has the duty laid upon it to inform the relevant Local Authority of the work done by its Registered Installers so that it is available as part of the information required for the Home Information Pack before a house can be sold or relet.

and in the same document

It has an independent Chairman, Mr Andrew Horsler, who also looks after consumer interests with Mr. Bruce Allen Chief Executive PeterK

Reply to
PeterK

missed the email address CEO - Bruce Allen bruce.allen @ hetas.co.uk. (I added the spaces - no need to get him spammed.) PeterK

Reply to
PeterK

I've just had an email from them, following another reminder from me, stating they are still looking into it. If I get no joy in another week or so, then I'll approach the CEO as you suggest. Thanks!

Reply to
tom.harrigan