Freesat and freeview through one box?

so do I

meant TV's with only one input (most have two)

tim

Reply to
tim......

Hi Mike, Yes it does Mike but like you have stated you need normal Ariel and Fre esat dish, I have the Humax HDR-1100S 500GB Freesat HD Digital TV Recorder, I have Freeview on HDMI 12 and Freesat on HDMI 13 Its depends according t o what televesion you have what port you use, I swop from one to the other with Television remote the use Freesat box remote to watch what you want..A lso Mike make sure the box has Wifi, If Internet connection is other side o f the room from television like mine is, I dont use Ethernet cable as it is to far from where I have internet, So I use my Wifi, Hope this Helps, Frank...

Reply to
email

Reply to
email

Blimey, 2013 eh. Where do these old posts get dredged up from? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Question asked 4 years ago PVR boxes that can receive both Freesat and Freesat broadcasts do exist.

Reply to
alan_m

but the Humax HDR-1100S isn't one of them

the PP is confusing receiving both via the same TV set with the same STB

tim

Reply to
tim...

I blame google groups etc .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Wasn't aware of any.

I have an Arriva which is described as Freesat and Freeview, but like most of the Freesat/ Freeview equipment advertised, it isn't.

If there is such a device that does not involve jiggery pokery downloading EPG's I would be very interested

Regards

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

The route I went down was to slap a HDHomeRun tuner on the network:

Then let Plex manage it. You add recording events to the program guide, and it uses tuners on the network to capture to disk. You can then playback on any network connected device (even away from the home if you have the bandwidth to support it and setup Plex to allow it)

The recordings are saved in .ts files, with no DRM, encryption or any other restrictions - so unliek recordings made by many devices you can use them anywhere.

(they do DVB-T2 and DVB-S tuners, and you can add as many boxes as you want to allow more concurrent viewings or recordings (I have not bothered with a DVB-S tuner yet)

Reply to
John Rumm

There is a combined Freesat/Freeview box on Ebay.

Dish and Antenna in, HDMI and (I think) Scart out.

About £40 from memory.

You can plug a USB stick in to record.

Reply to
Brian Reay

On

some of the receivers can be fitted with a choice of satellite and terrestrial tuners; the latter are Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2.

Reply to
PeterC

Enigma 2 boxes from various manufactures are advertised as Free to Air boxes but run an image (software) such as OpenVix on them and you can receive all the Freeview and Freesat channels with the 7 day EPG being populated over the air. These boxes are not branded Freeview or Freesat.

They don't do interactive services (red button) or catch up TV. Red button channel broadcasts, with the associated EPG, can be viewed and recorded if treated as just another TV channel. Some users use third party plug-ins to get catch up TV but probably its best to assume that this doesn't work as well as plugging in to your TV something like an Amazon Fire stick.

I have an Enigma 2 box with 2 terrestrial tuners and 2 satellite tuners for viewing/recording HD and SD Freeview and Freesat channels. The boxes can record 8+ channels simultaneously - as long as they are all on the same MUX or transponders that the tuners are tuned into.

There is a learning curve with these boxes so possibly not for those who want to work the way they want out-of-the-box. Do some research first. The user forum is

alan_m

One of the guides shows the EPG being populated from the Internet. This feature is user configurable and on my box it is disabled as I get the 7 day EPG over-the-air for both UK Freview and UK Freesat channels.

Reply to
alan_m

Some are a sort of kit of parts, and you can specify which two tuners you want on ordering. And also if you want it to record.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I must say that I don't see these items in the consumer space

They appear to be very much "enthusiast" products

Which is a shame, because the one size fits all solutions in the consumer space are not always suitable

tim

Reply to
tim...

Some of the Enigma 2 boxes can have up to 4 plug in tuner modules and some of the modules are multiple tuners.

Reply to
alan_m

Mine came mail order from Satellite World - after asking on here. All you more or less do is tick the boxes for the facilities you want when you order online, and they do it for you. Doubt that would work in Currys, though. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I used to have a HTPC that used a Blackgold pci card that had two satellite tuners and 2 freeview tuners. The HTPC acted as a streaming server for all the other screens in my house, via my LAN.

The pci card broke (not a recommended company) so I replaced it with a cheaper 2 satellite tuner card.

I don't watch much broadcast TV now. I can't see the point of terrestrial and satellite any more.

Reply to
Nick

would that be:

tim...