Found the leak at last!

The condensate pipe from the boiler is solvent welded, and one of the fittings had developed a hair line crack. I had to cut it out and put in a new length of pipe, plus connector fittings in order to replace this one joint. Did I miss a trick there for replacing it? And why would it have cracked in the first place?

Reply to
GB

Dis similar expansion rates? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

This is well down the condensate pipe, 2-3m from the boiler. So the water must be room temperature.

Reply to
GB

Wrong solvent cement? They can be PVC or ABS and there are two different types of solvent; one solvent is compatible with the other, but there is a "wrong way round". Some plastics get brittle if exposed to the wrong solvent.

Reply to
newshound