Follow Ups

Hi All

So many posts just peter out, never to be seen again. Do you ever wonder....................................?

Did Mitch ever fix his sink down?

Did Weaver ever burn out his fence post?

Did Gogs ever buy a circular saw?

Did Blair ever drill his tiles?

What happened to Mogweeds walls?

Did Mo ever lay his carpet?

What happened with Egremonts mobile phone?

Did Simon move his washing machine?

Did Dave ever unblock Georges nozzle?

And the one I'm waiting for - did Andy Luckman ever get that drill bit out?

Sad, but I need to know!!!!!

Dave

Reply to
david lang

your not alone Dave !

Reply to
reg

Did the guy with the fence post at the end of his drive, that kept being knocked down, ever replace it with a lookalike steel one filled with concrete?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Given the number of diy injuries per year, chances are all the above posters are still in hospital from their attempts.

ISTR Andy heated up the drill bit to shatter the stone to pull it out, and as he pulled, no less than 3.4m of drill bit came out. Apparently the heat softened it enough for the metal to draw, and the tip only became free once it had shrunk down to about 2.8mm. He now has a softened 3.4m 2.8mm bit, which should be useful for drilling through very very very deep loft insulation to run cables. Thin cables, for bells. But not much else.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Reply to
Set Square

Yep. After I cut a new (different) thread onto the slide hammer stop, the engineer went back. It was the work of just a couple of minutes to get the drill out.

So very many thanks for all the suggestions.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

I have mailed him to get an answer for you David. :¬)

Reply to
PeTe33