follow up to heat recovery ventilator thread.

I have decided that the *through the wall* unit will annoy users of the bath as the only practical location will direct the returning air stream directly at them.

The current plan is to fit the Vent Axia *integra* unit and duct air from kitchen, bathroom and toilet. The unit can be hung within some suspended ceiling so out of sight and hopefully vibration free.

Any comments welcomed.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

The fan uses 32Watts minimum,180Watts max,have you done the sums, energy saved minus fan energy used, capital costs vesrus pay back period? I must have missed the original thread ( your ref to "follow up").

Don

Reply to
Donwill

Yes. I had originally considered a Kair K-HRV150/12RH

The issue is condensation/mould in a tenanted flat. Simple kitchen/bathroom air extract might cure but recovering some of the room heat seems attractive as returned air will not feel so cold.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

My bathroom fan extracts straight through the wall. I know that there is some heat loss but nothing that worries me. I certainly could not get payback on an expensive unit like the vent axia integra. Most of the year I have no heating on and so a heat recovery system will actually be doing nothing for that period.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , ARWadsworth writes

You have to consider the psychology of tenants aspect:-) If they believe the extracted heat is being recovered they are less likely to find ways of turning the fans off!

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb