Russel Hobbs Toaster Model 10617

Russell Hobbs Toaster Model 10617

This has Torx external 6 lobe screws for the assembly fixings, I need to repair the internal bread slice holder that has become loose. I have a set of security sockets that doesn't have an external Torx socket. Anyone have knowledge of where a socket is available from? I have contacted the service department at Russell Hobbs but I won't hold my breath.

Regards

Reply to
jaymack

repair the internal bread slice holder that has become

Anyone have knowledge of where a socket is available

hold my breath.

Security screws on domestic appliances should be banned by law on the basis it discourages amateur DIY repairs and ensures that many otherwise easy to repair items end up polluting the environment.

Reply to
Graham.

In article , jaymack writes

It might be a 'System Zero' fastener:

't find drivers on that site but RS do them:
, a search for "System Zero" will find them.

Don't think you'll like the price though, 8quid a pop + vat, maybe a google will find them cheaper but they are low volume niche market fasteners and tools. Maybe drilling and replacing is the answer.

Reply to
fred

Ordinary socket spanner with 12 grooves

Reply to
F Murtz

repair the internal bread slice holder that has become

Anyone have knowledge of where a socket is available

hold my breath.

Unfortunately the 'Part P' argument applies: "If it only saves one life ..."

In reality, it serves to prevent the manufacturer getting sued when some idiot decides to repair it with foil from a cigarette packet. Shame they can't find a away to stop the Darwinianly-challenged levering out the burnt toast with the bread-knife ...

Roger.

Reply to
Roger