Fluorescent Tube Ban Sept 2023

There's something made for the purpose, a powder called -- wait for it -- "Mercurysorb"...

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Ruffed up.

Reply to
Rod Speed

They need to fit thenm correctly. On one local estate they've retrofitted them on very short poles and give a very small pool of light. On my estate they've fitted them on angled poles of suitable height, with fittings designed to be mounted horizontal and unadjustableso they shine into the bedroom windows on one side of the road, compounded outside my house with one over teh road with extra leds to shine down a road opposite the lamp, which doesn't exist, only a turning bay.

Reply to
me9

I am sure you're correct in that it requires forethought and skill to get it right. I think ours were done by Boy Scouts on Bob-a-Job week.

Reply to
Bob Henson