Floor tiling patterns

Can anyone point me to an online resource showing a good variety of floor tiling patterns, preferably including things like two colour designs with square and/or hexagonal tiles

Thanks

Brian

Reply to
bigbria

The Karndean "Floorstyle" program available from their site

has some useful examples (using Karndean patterns rather than tiles of course but gives an idea of square-tile based schemes). ISTR you may need to lie about being an architect or something to be able to download it - I could be imagining that but quite a lot of sites seem to try to discourage the end user from getting detailed technical info nowadays. No idea why - my view is that if I can get at the full technical details I'm more likely to use their stuff, and I'm avoiding using any tradesmen nowadays except for things that I really can't do (plastering, gripperrodded carpet fitting, roof stuff -that's about it)

When I did my first bathroom with Karndean - see

I found some useful information on their arch rival Amtico's site. Thie was useful info about planning where to start in the room, colour of border vs tiles, etc.

In one of my earlier posts to uk.d-i-y I included the following, which may or may not be up to date now ...

"See my older post at:

where I reveal my secret (which was finding some very useful info on the Amtico site on how to plan this type of layout).

Actually the link in there to the Amtico interesting pages doesn't work any more. However for your convenience I have just tracked down the information. They have now made it available in a PDF file. You need to go to

and select "business". Then under Get Help (up the top) then FAQ page then "Technical data sheets" (near the top of the screen) you can download the PDF. It's called the US Technical Manual. NOTE this is not the same as the similarly named PDF that lives on the "Advice">"Technical manual" page. This is a slightly cut down "glossy brochure" version that seems to have some of this very useful layout information removed."

Regards, Simon Stroud.

Reply to
Simon Stroud