Floor temp for radiator sizing

I'm struggling to find a reference to the floor temperature and how to calculate heatloss though the floor.

I have, through a link on the diyfaq:

a link:
but that assumes a temperature difference for the floor of 27C which can't be right.

I don't seem to have joy with other links on this page:

to 404 not found,

to DNS error

to their home page.

Does anyone have a reference link for u-values and prospective ground temperature?

Many thanks

Reply to
Fredxx

Anything here of use?

(it refers to a concrete floor U or 0.7. It also uses an internal temp of 20 deg and external of -5 deg, giving 25 deg in total, which wouldn't be far off your 27 Deg)

Jeff Layman

Many thanks.

Both of those links refer to ground temperature as being the same as external air temperature.

There has been some more recent interest in soil/ground temperature with the take-up of ground source heating and these suggest a minimum temperature of 6C 0.5m below the ground.

I am assuming my floor is a solid raft with no insulation so any more critical on temperature.

So far I'm assuming a 15C temperature difference for the slab, but not sure if the U-factors for floors are fudged to include this.

Reply to
Fredxx