Floods?

Dave Liquorice scribbled...

In this area, the land owners are responsible for cutting back bushes etc that grow alongside the roads. I seldom see the farmer/contractor bother to clean up afterwards. The drainage ditches are full of crap afterwards.

Reply to
Artic

Have you worked out the toppling moment on a wall with deep water on only one side?

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar
[snip]

Is the Pope a lesbian Anglican bishop?

Reply to
Steve Firth

No but I think it would be insignificant and the walls is 200mm Water runs down the highway. I would only anticipate 100mm water at the very most, we are on quite a steep hill.

When we last had severe flooding (2007), the water did not quite overtop the road verge though it was close, Even if it did get in, there is a 200mm step into the house and way for it to drain away from the house.

Reply to
harryagain

Colleague of mine was working in the office one Saturday during a thunderstorm. He ignored it until the pressure in the drain popped the cover off a rodding eye and a 6 inch jet of water went between him and the screen :)

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

That's a no then :)

Seriously though, what did you use? Steel? Buttresses?

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

It was that tit Harry who built a wall to retain floodwater, not I.

Reply to
Steve Firth