Flat roof leaking -replacement cost

I have a flat roof over the garage 5.5m x 2.5m which hasn't had
anything done to it since the property was built in 1970. It looks
like a fairly staright forward felt type roof but it appears now to
be leaking, causing the common wall with the house to get damp.
My query is what sort of money should I expect to get the roof
repaired with new felt etc? The location is Buckinghanshire.
Out of interest ... this property was let out once to a roofing
contractor went bust. It took me ages to get him evicted.This same
cowboy got done for 18 months recently by swindling someone else out
of =A33000 on roof repairs. So you might imagine, I'm a bit wary of
roofing contractors.
Reply to
senditontome
I have a flat roof over the garage 5.5m x 2.5m which hasn't had anything done to it since the property was built in 1970. It looks like a fairly staright forward felt type roof but it appears now to be leaking, causing the common wall with the house to get damp.
My query is what sort of money should I expect to get the roof repaired with new felt etc? The location is Buckinghanshire.
Out of interest ... this property was let out once to a roofing contractor went bust. It took me ages to get him evicted.This same cowboy got done for 18 months recently by swindling someone else out of £3000 on roof repairs. So you might imagine, I'm a bit wary of roofing contractors.
About £35 m2 13.75 m2 = £480
Reply to
keith_765
If you know any good local tradesmen (and are a good customer!) they might be able to recommend someone.
My father got a recommendation for a good roofer from his plumber this way.
cheers, Pete.
Reply to
Pete C

Site Timeline Threads