Repairing a flat roof

Hi all

We cut a load of ivy back today that was growing up the side of our garage and it's revealed some damage to the corner of the flat roof. It looks like the ivy had got under the felt (?) and lifted it which has caused the the felt to split at the crease where it wraps over the edge of the roof. No signs of leaking in the garage but guessing it won't be long if I leave it as it is. Don't want to replace the whole roof, so what is the best way of patching this.

(What I'm calling felt is a thick rubberish membrane that is very coarse on the outer side - is this roofing felt ?)

Thanks

Jim

Reply to
Jim

For a bodging repair I can recommend hot-air gun, hot-melt glue and gun and odd patches of felt. The problem I had was failure of felt over a few felt-nails so relatively localised but has put off complete refelting, so far, for 3 years. Clean affected area of stone, dirt etc, heat up with hot air gun in general area around the problem and hot-melt glue around , then patch plus a bit more hot air so all well fused.

-- General electronic repairs, most things repaired, other than TVs and PCs

Devices, Southampton, England

Reply to
N_Cook

If its a small area you could seal it with something like

The Medway Handyman