Flat pack faff

snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com used his keyboard to write :

Around here, they insist on charging an extra tenner for delivery and some of their second hand stuff is more expensive than it can be bought new.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Adrian Caspersz laid this down on his screen :

No climbing kids anymore and it is very heavy, very stable, H to D is around 1/3 anyway.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Max Demian formulated the question :

I didn't ask where they came from, I was a bit miffed at her ordering without consulting first. The sideboard seems to be a Corona one and several places sell them. Must say it has turned out well though, I wasn't expecting flat pack to look this good.

The screws and other fixings were marked A to Z, which made that part easy, just cut the letter out and pour them into a dish, with the letter - but the wooden parts, oh dear.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

This wasn't a wardrobe, just a sideboard. I built the built in wardrobe

30+ years ago. It is 2.5m tall and 4m long. It was intended to replace the two tiny wardrobes in two rooms, that my previous partner had. Did she kick and scream when I disposed of them, after replacing them with something 5 times as big. It didn't take her long to fill it though :-)
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

sometimes happens with any charity where helpers don't know modern pricing

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

That won't stop her.

She'll just put ornaments in it instead of shoes.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I took a wardrobe (well hall cupboard) and kitted it out with 6-7 shelves. These are now full. So I added 6 shelves on slot rail next to the cupboard. These are now full.

How TF to the japanese do it?

Tim Watts

on 11/03/2017, Tim Watts supposed :

That pretty much sums up my own life too, constantly adding places to put things. I'm as bad though, keeping anything which might be useful some day - but I try to restrict myself to my personal spaces like the garage, workshop and second indoor workshop.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

That's why I'm still white van man.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I didn't have too much trouble with the Corona merchant's chest. That has NINE drawers!

I agree the parts aren't marked, but you can usually match them up with the diagram. There are always subtle differences. And I used old Chinese takeaway containers instead of dishes!

Reply to
Bob Eager

With no instructions as to how to attach the strap to the sideboard and wall???

Reply to
Old Codger

I generally use muffin tins for small parts (as I did as a kid, when building HeathKits).

Reply to
S Viemeister