Flat Felted Roof

Any tips for repair/renwal of my garage roof, which is flat felted type. Looks the wood is chipboard, some/all of which will need replaced. Tried a repair before with limited success, but think main problem was poor quality felt (Homebase). Heard of few people recommend felt that has bitumen bottom surface that you need to heat with blowtorch to adhere to roof/underfelt. Felt I used had no such thing and I had to use brush on "stuff" to seal joins.

TIA

Reply to
Strike3

You can use better products, for example fibreglass or the rubber they use for fish ponds. Fibre glass is molded to shape, and makes a solid waterprrof surface - it can be a messy job.

The rummer sheeting goes over in one piece, specil clips hold it down.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Fwom:Strike3 ( snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com)

Use top quality, cheap s**te is a senseless economy. Use 2 layers Ensure the surface is totally flat before laying: a sticking up nail head is enough to puncture the felt.

Better though would be to go for fibreglass or even soldered zinc.

If youve got no money, roofs can be simply tar coated and sprinkled with sand, as used to be standard - thats where the idea of tar felt came from. But if doing that I would not use chipboard :)

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton