Flashing CFL - Will Water Cause This?

Hi all

Er indoors just rang to say that the landing light bulb is flashing even though it is switched off. From the description it sounds like a frequency of 1 flash per second approx. This seems to be a common occurence according to Google. Is it likely that damp in the landing light switch is causing this?

The reason I mention water is because she is stripping the landing paper and sloshing water around as she goes. I have told her to trip the breaker in the CU for the lighting circuit just to be safe.

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Yes, if it didn't do it before.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "TheScullster" saying something like:

It's to guide foreign agents in by parachute. Probably dates back to the Cold War.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon