Temporary Removal of Alarm Keypad

Hi all

I am trying to re-furb the hallway which will involve plastering. This means disconnecting the keypad and one passive. The panel/keypad are Texecom Excel range. I take it that I will have to power the whole system down and remove battery for this? Will this lose me programmed info on users, codes etc? Any gotchas? One thing I like about this panel/setup is that there is a bell access feature. This allows the bell box jumper to be re-set without the need for ear defenders.

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Yes.

No

You could do a temp rewire of the keypad to the main alarm box and bypass the PIR in the hallway if you want to keep the alarm running.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

"ARWadsworth" wrote

Thanks Adam

Another question if I may..... Er indoors saw me looking at the alarm instructions last night and decided she wanted less volume/noise during the activation process. I've seen that there is a silent part set option, but presumably this just stops the "chirping" noise during the entry/exit period? Do you know if it is also possible to silence the key pad input tones? (couldn't see anything on this in the manuals) The problem is that the panel is in an upstairs airing cupboard, so the entry/exit tones are audible if someone gets up early. Also the hall where the keypad is most logically located has an open staircase to bedrooms and the keypad beeps are quite loud (SWMBO is a light sleeper).

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

For the exit period only I believe. There is a variable resistor on the board that also lets you drop the volume.

Do you know if it

I do not think it is possible to silence the key input tone. I have never tried to. You could try removing the sounder on the upstairs keypad.

Try the on board resistor is all I can suggest. Sorry

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

"ARWadsworth" wrote

Thanks Adam

Hadn't seen the resistor bit - hopefully a combination of this and the silent part set will solve the problem

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster