Flamerite or other brand electric hole-in-wall fire fitting

Hi everyone,

To cut a long story short, has anyone fitted one of these inset into a wall? We have been left a hole in the wall by a dodgy supplier and I want to buy a model to fit myself. All the electrics is done and if I can get soemthign that fits the same hole size, all the hard work is done.

We want it flush to the wall so Im hoping that there is some mechanism such as wings either side of the "engine" which can be screwed to the wall and the the outer frame of the fire clips onto this?

Can anyone suggest how any particular brands are mounted? I dont want to start playing with mountings inside the wall opening - this sounds too complicated to postition correctly.

Thanks

Tim

Reply to
Tim Smith

Dead easy. Typically you screw a hook or eye into the back of the fireplace, and then you have a thin steel cable (like the inside of a bicycle brake cable) which goes into the front of the fire surround at the top; and while standing the fire about 6" in front of the opening you then thread the cable through the eye in the back of the fireplace and bring it back through the fire surround. Then slot the fireplace into the opening, and pull the cable tight, and it holds it in position.

Last one I fitted had a magnetically-attached brass-effect frame which finished it all off.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Yup - Got a Flamerite Oddyssey

up a small wooden frame (website has all the dimensions you need) to mount the fire, then plastered/papered around the hole. About 3 weeks later the fire arrived and screwed it to the frame - nice flush fire, very realistic and everyone that comes in our house is impressed at the quality of the unit and reality of the flame. Ours has a hinged door on the front so you can change the effects (Pebbles, woodland, pine cones, etc). They did an option for a wooden surround incase there was no opening on the wall to inset it, but we didn't need/want that.

Regards, John

Reply to
John