Flagstone flooring Q's

We just completed on a late 17th C building in Brixham on Friday, and our journey of discovery has started.

While ripping up carpets and stuff, I found under the base of the kitchen cupboard, under numerous layers of ancient lino, the original flagstone floor.

Obviously in the past it has been "levelled out" with cement, and covered & carpeted etc to make a reasonable floor.

As we are to rent the place out, we will leave well alone for a few years, but has anyone ever revealled such a floor and what are the drawbacks (cold and damp to start with I am guessing) of doing such a task, and does anyone regret exposing such a floor.

Cheers Pete

Reply to
PeTe33