Fixings for aquapanel themal - which way up ?

The fixings I have are from Wickes , but I assume that they come from knauf.

have looked at the wickes good idea leaflet and the knauf guidance. However neither answer this question and photos & graphics do not give a clue I understand about banging flush with mallet & retightening etc . However prior to that ... which way up are the washers fitted ? ie concave centre upwards ? so you see a cup or convex centre upwards ? so you see a hill. If the former , then this provides a counter sink for screw ? however if the latter , then there is the proud centre which needs hammering down ?

The wickes catalogue photo shows them "hill" upwards , so that may be the clue. Thanks

Moggs

Thanks

Reply to
Moggs

Similar to the washers I had for Marmox.

Set the countersink hollow-upright - that is, the "right way to accept the screw".

Don't worry about any curvature in the washer - not sure about Aquapanel, but Marmox is compliant so the washer tends to pull slightly into the material on tightening and the rest flattens out - well, flattens well enough to cope with whatever is stuck on top.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim Watts