Radiators, which way up?

I have some stelrads and they look totally symmetrical. Is there a right way up?

(By the way I am not that impressed by the quality of the paint finish on them. The smaller radiators I bought from Wickes look much better).

Mr F.

Reply to
Mr Fizzion

Often they have a rolled top instead of a welded seam (unless they were dirt cheap).

I used almost entirely Ultraheat radiators when I did my heating. It's not a make I hear a lot of and I didn't buy on price, but I like them and there have been no problems with them so far (~3 years). Besides them looking quite respectable (not a unique feature), they do triple panel radiators which were useful in a couple of locations, and the Ultraheat 6 range has a pair of bottom entry pipe connections on the right hand side (as opposed to side entry at the bottom), which enabled use in some positions where side entry pipework would have got in the way, or been more visually obtrusive. (The "6" means it has six connectors for the feed/return pipes; the four usual ones, and the two extra bottom entry ones. Ultraheat 4 are the same, but without the extra bottom entry pipe connections.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The rads I bought recently had clear instructions on how to mount, and indeed how to mount with the widest dimension horizontal or vertical. were there no instructions with yours?

Reply to
Broadback

Sometimes the mounting lugs are positioned such that they are closer to the top edge of the rad...

Reply to
John Rumm