fixing small piece of baseboard to ceiling

got a small cupboard and we have boxed in the soil pipe, the ceiling has a couple of big holes around where the soil pipe goes up to the flat above so decided to cut a bit of baseboard to fit the ceiling, instead of trying to fill the holes. its only a small area and in a cupboard so going to use grabs like nails. i've cleaned the ceiling as it was dirty, and wiped clean the back of the baseboard. whats the best way of applying the adhesive? in spots? lines? going to hold it up with a long bit of wood til its stuck.

Reply to
benpost

It doesn't matter. I'd spread it about a bit myself.

Take a book ;-)

An easier way to fill the holes, if they are out of sight in a cupboard, is to jam a handful of rock wool insulation in there, if you have any lying about. It's quite good for staying where it's put. That's what I've done round the top of the upstairs soil pipe that comes down inside the dowstairs bathroom.

Regards Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

stuck it up there ok.. as for painting baseboard can i paint straight on it or should it be primed? its only a cupboard so finish isnt so important. around the edges/gaps should i use 'grabs like nails' or standard filler?

Reply to
benpost

thanks Richard now the boards in place and i've removed the wood holding it, seems to have stuck well what would you do about the gaps and screw hole indentations? i'm not having it skimmed as the finish isnt that important can i use normal filler and / or grabs like nails once ive done that do i need to prime or sand the ivory side of the plasterboard before painting?

Reply to
benpost