fixing seal on fridge/freezer?

Hi,
Not sure if this counts as off-topic or not, but anyway...in the course of redoing my kitchen I'm defrosting my fridge/freezer. I've noticed that the seal at the bottom seems to be coming apart slightly - a thin sheet of plastic on top of the seal (where the seal meets the inside of the fridge) is peeling off a little. Given the fridge-freezer seems to be working OK, is this something I can just glue back in place with superglue? Or are things more complicated?
Cheers,
Jon
Jon wrote:

course
thin
of
i cant believe supergle would work. Its easy to fit new seal when it gets to the piont of disintegration.
NT
snipped-for-privacy@meeow.co.uk wrote:

Try getting one, NT! The "universal" ones are carp. Sometimes you can turn the door or seal upside-down so that the knackered bit is near the hinges, & squashes up better. The hinge side rarely seems to split, so it's (almost) a new seal!
Cheers. Hmm, had a play and seal isn't *that* bad even at the bottom (holds a piece of paper in place fine, just not quite as firmly as elsewhere on the fridge...) I can see the temptation of a glue bodge, if only to stop it getting worse ;) That said, if I can get a cheap replacement seal which fits the model it might be worthwhile...it's an old fridge, so would probably improve performance anyway. Are seals hard to fit?
Jon

There's usually a line of screws under the seal if you move it out of the way. CPC may be able to supply you with a replacement. With some newer fridges, the door seals are no longer replacable; you have to replace the whole door.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Cheers. Hmm, had a play and seal isn't *that* bad even at the bottom (holds a piece of paper in place fine, just not quite as firmly as elsewhere on the fridge...) I can see the temptation of a glue bodge, if only to stop it getting worse ;) That said, if I can get a cheap replacement seal which fits the model it might be worthwhile...it's an old fridge, so would probably improve performance anyway. Are seals hard to fit?
Jon

Do you have any suggestions on suppliers of replacement seals ? (I've not had much luck finding any on the internet)
Thanks for all the suggestions. In the end, I've stuck everything back in place using silicon sealant (like you use to seal behind kitchen worktops) and all seems to be working OK.
Steve - try posting on this forum http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/ Lots of small traders seem to use it, and one may be able to sell you a replacement (or at least tell you where to get one).
Jon
This may be irrelevant in your case but the 'cubic distortion' you can get from not having the refrigerator aligned properly can cause the housing to adopt such a shape that no sealing magnet will do its job.
For an example cut the font off a tetra-pack and see how it twists and how it has no chance of mating with a flat door under twisted conditions.