fitting shower

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25345470@N02/4154762073 / both ends of the shower are like this against the wall - if you screw the wall brackets and then put the silver frame thing on it rips it out the wall. Is it the shower or do we need a bigger boat (and by boat I mean screws) :)
--
http://www.Christmasfreebies.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

What's the wall made of? if it's plasterboard on studs you could try screws that are long enough to reach the woodwork (if present). if there is not a stud under where you are screwing you can get special poasterboard fixings that sporead the load better than a plain screw.
On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 06:10:13 -0800 (PST), RobertL

They're metal proper plasterboard fittings and 40mm screws if I've remembered right.
Is it normal to have to force it to bend to go on so much?
--
http://www.Christmasfreebies.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

You mean the wall is not flat and when you tighten the screws it must either a) bend the shower frame or b) pull the fasteners out of the wall ?
The wall brackets should have a degree of adjustment, if not then level that part of the wall accordingly. I assume you are using Marmox with Keraflex for waterproofing behind the tiles, it works well. Keraquick is just too quick for my liking.

If I screw the bracket flat to the wall then the frame bit that fits on has to go at a completely different angle to the one it needs to be in and because the other end has to go on the other bracket the force took to get it to fit on ripped the bracket out of the wall.
The shower company say the enclosure needs to be right on the edge of the shower base but I don't see how a mm will make the difference when the angle is so different...
--
http://www.Christmasfreebies.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

If i read you correctly you are screwing the end channels to the wall then bending the door frame assembly to fit. No.. offer the complete door and frame with end channels to the space. Then screw the channels to the wall. ie 1. mark holes for the ends and drill and plug holes 2....place end channels on frame and lift whole into place 3. screw frames to wall 4 drill and self tap inner door frame to outer end channels 5 silicone as recommended
Peter

I HATE ADVERTISMENTS FUCK OFF