Fitting/sealing a bath

Agreed, but it does have some flex, maybe 2mm, at the corners that's just there. Thinking maybe Stixall between the bath and the wall, rather than silicone. I could screw through the acrylic (actually, looks like fibreglass to me) into the wall, maybe.

Reply to
RJH

I always degrease with white spirit?

Reply to
TMH

Not new joists underneath by any chance?, which will be shrinking for months. TW

Reply to
TimW

No, existing - and they'd taken some hammering over the years by the look of a couple round the bath and the old water tank. All fine now, though, and the floor's solid/level.

Reply to
RJH

my steel bath came with a recommendation that when fitting against a wall first fit a wooden batten to support the bath top/lip and if boxing in construct a substantial wooden frame for extra support.

Reply to
alan_m

Screwing it to the wall may cause it to crack if it needs to flex.

I am no expert but previously I have placed the feet of baths on a large piece of chipboard to spread the weight just in case the floor flexes. I use rubbing alcohol (cheap off ebay) for degreasing and then fill the bath for siliconing. So far never had a problem.

Reply to
ss

Chipboard is the wrong material, it disintegrates when wetted. Rubbing alcohol contains oil.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr