Fitting fascia board & soffits

In process of putting new pitched roof on some new outbuildings.

This has Trussed roof construction with 30 degree pitch. Aiming for a 350mm overhang, which will allow for a soffit of about 240mm

Just a thought, I will be cutting off the excess overhang of each truss, assume it still common practice to fit fascia direct to ends of rafter, with a couple of lost head nails per rafter.

Not had to fit soffits for a long time, any tips from anyone who has done a lot of this ? ..... fascia does not have a groove for soffit, though I could easily use a router to put one in.

Last time I did this I constructed small wooden brackets at each rafter end and nailed soffit to them.

At wall side as it's timber frame, I can fix a horizontal batten, that would give me a good fixing for inner edge of soffit, but would still need something for fascia side of soffit. I guess I could fit a batten to rear of fascia, other suggestions ?

(all will be in wood not plastic)

Reply to
Rick Hughes