Fitting a saddle tray to Chimney

My 1960s Bungalow has been built with the chimney saddle tray below
the roof line, hence heavy rain gives a wet ceiling in the upstairs
bedroom. How easy is it to put in a new saddlle tray further up the
chimney and how far down from the top does it need to be as its a high
chimney (2M to flat dormer roof). Its a shared stack so I could only
do my side. The other option would be to bend down the tray that there
perhaps so water comes all the way down and is spread around?
Reply to
sjones

Site Timeline Threads