fischertechnic

Anyone aware of childrens building systems by them. (Modern version of Meccano - but much better).
I'm interested if anyone knows anything about a relay: em10 with details in English.
Or any suggestion for a better group or other forum to ask in?
PS Not talking about plugs for walls ;-)
model builder wrote:

technik with a 'k'

part number 30246
https://ft-datenbank.de/ft-article/1232
You might need to OCR (or re-type) the PDF and push it through google translate
On 12/02/19 12:41, Andy Burns wrote:

I hope their products are better than their webpages. Almost all the links seem to result in "404 - Page not found". Try the links here, for example: <https://www.fischertechnik.de/en-gb/neuheiten-2019
--

Jeff

Good plan - thanks
Have you used Fischertechnik yourself?
model builder wrote:

One of my cousins had some ... I had Meccano and my brother had Lego.
On 12/02/2019 12:22, model builder wrote:

What do you want to know about it. the data sheet is fairly easy to Interpret without any need for translation.
two pole changeover relay with 5v 150 ohm coil absolute max 14v drop out voltage 1.5v contact rating 40v dc 1amp non inductive Inductive/AC rating 30VA 0.7a inductive
Anything else you need to know?
Bob
On 12/02/2019 13:59, Bob Minchin wrote:

Here is the text OCRed and fed through translate:
Technical specifications: Rated operating voltage: Max. Coil voltage: Coil resistance: Tightening voltage: Waste voltage: Current consumption: Max. Switching frequency: Kontaktbestuckung: Per changeover contact max. Switching voltage: max. Switching current: Max. Switching capacity: Mechanical life (switching cycles): 6-12 V 14V-150fi 5 V ± 10% 1.5 V ± 10% approx. 40 mA at 6 V 50 / s 2 changeover contacts 40 V 1 A induction-free 0.7 A inductive 30 VA about 2X108 Relay module RB Ij Unlike the electronic relay module RB I in the ec 1 and hobby 4 modular system, this module contains no amplifier. The RB II is in addition to the additional pack em10 in ec3-, hobby3-, ut3- u. ut4 kit included. The relay module RB II contains a DC flat relay with two changeover contacts. As the diagram shows, in idle state ai is connected to a2 and bi to b2. Attention! The RB II can not be directly controlled by the outputs of the fischertechnik electronic components (basic module, flip-flop, mono-flop, AND-NAND, OR-NOR, dyn. AND). To control a relay with these components, the RB I with built-in amplifier should be used. The relay module can be connected to the other fischertechnik electronic components by means of tongue and groove. The laterally arranged contact strips are used for looping through "+" and in electronic circuits. In each case, a red intermediate plug must be inserted between the housing of the electronic components. There is no direct connection of the "+" and contact strips to the terminals of the built-in relay. Circuit examples: If a motor does not run smoothly after switching off but is shut down quickly, as is the case with safety circuits, for example. B. is required, so the motor must be additionally shorted when switching off. The dotted line causes this shorting of the motor.
A frequently required type of circuit is the pole reversal circuit. If the 2 changeover contact sets are connected by 2 connections according to the following diagram, the electr. Consumer, in this case the fischer technology engine, in each case reversed polarity.
Fischer-Werke • 7241 Tumlingen-Waldach Valley Printed in W.-Germany ■ Art. 6 39158 5 Changes reserved (1)
--
Cheers,

John.

Excellent - many thanks.
Could you say exactly what you used to get that please?
I was interested in the use of the contact strips - there are 2 strips of metal about 3mm wide down each of the four sides of the unit.

Must admit - I'm not much the wiser about them - I think that you can attach other units to the relay box - and then electrically connect them in some way - I am unsure why.
On 13/02/2019 16:41, model builder wrote:

[snip]

I went to the URL someone posted:
https://ft-datenbank.de/ft-article/1232
Right clicked a PDF and saved it to a file. Opened that in Abbyy Fine Reader and OCRd it. Output that in plain text to the clipboard, then went to translate.google.com and pasted it in. Posted the translation as above.

It looks like the box is designed to interlock with adjacent similar boxes:
https://ft-datenbank.de/binary/2318
I would guess there is no electrical connectivity other than via fly leads though.
--
Cheers,

John.

The Poppler package contains pdftotext which extracts the text in a pdf to a file.
http://poppler.freedesktop.org

thanks
John Rumm wrote:

I fed the URL straight into an online OCR page
<https://ocr.space
and then copied and pasted the result of that into
<https://translate.google.com
It gave practically identical results (and OCR/translation errors) to John's result.

Many thanks to you also

Many thanks - appreciated.
I think the "red intermediate plug" as per above provides some electrical connectivity: but I admit I really don't know if it does, and if so, why.
On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 13:59:00 +0000, Bob Minchin

What is the purpose of the two electrical contact strips down each side of the unit?

Yes, much better. I had stacks of FT stuff when I was a kid. FWIW.
--
Little Britain leaves. Great Britain stays.

Were you living in England? - I first came across it in Holland about 1979/1980. Very, very precise fittings. I was brought up on Meccano in the fifties - I wish I had had FT !!

Yes. IIRC I came across it in an idependent model/toy shop.

I was brought up on lego, but discovered FT in time :-)
--
Little Britain leaves. Great Britain stays.