fischertechnic

Anyone aware of childrens building systems by them. (Modern version of Meccano

- but much better).

I'm interested if anyone knows anything about a relay: em10 with details in English.

Or any suggestion for a better group or other forum to ask in?

PS Not talking about plugs for walls ;-)

Reply to
model builder

technik with a 'k'

part number 30246

You might need to OCR (or re-type) the PDF and push it through google translate

Reply to
Andy Burns

I hope their products are better than their webpages. Almost all the links seem to result in "404 - Page not found". Try the links here, for example:

Jeff Layman

What do you want to know about it. the data sheet is fairly easy to Interpret without any need for translation.

two pole changeover relay with 5v 150 ohm coil absolute max 14v drop out voltage 1.5v contact rating 40v dc 1amp non inductive Inductive/AC rating 30VA 0.7a inductive

Anything else you need to know?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Here is the text OCRed and fed through translate:

Technical specifications: Rated operating voltage: Max. Coil voltage: Coil resistance: Tightening voltage: Waste voltage: Current consumption: Max. Switching frequency: Kontaktbestuckung: Per changeover contact max. Switching voltage: max. Switching current: Max. Switching capacity: Mechanical life (switching cycles):

6-12 V = 14V-150fi 5 V ± 10% 1.5 V ± 10% approx. 40 mA at 6 V 50 / s 2 changeover contacts 40 V 1 A induction-free 0.7 A inductive 30 VA about 2X108 Relay module RB Ij Unlike the electronic relay module RB I in the ec 1 and hobby 4 modular system, this module contains no amplifier. The RB II is in addition to the additional pack em10 in ec3-, hobby3-, ut3- u. ut4 kit included. The relay module RB II contains a DC flat relay with two changeover contacts. As the diagram shows, in idle state ai is connected to a2 and bi to b2. Attention! The RB II can not be directly controlled by the outputs of the fischertechnik electronic components (basic module, flip-flop, mono-flop, AND-NAND, OR-NOR, dyn. AND). To control a relay with these components, the RB I with built-in amplifier should be used. The relay module can be connected to the other fischertechnik electronic components by means of tongue and groove. The laterally arranged contact strips are used for looping through "+" and in electronic circuits. In each case, a red intermediate plug must be inserted between the housing of the electronic components. There is no direct connection of the "+" and contact strips to the terminals of the built-in relay. Circuit examples: If a motor does not run smoothly after switching off but is shut down quickly, as is the case with safety circuits, for example. B. is required, so the motor must be additionally shorted when switching off. The dotted line causes this shorting of the motor.

A frequently required type of circuit is the pole reversal circuit. If the 2 changeover contact sets are connected by 2 connections according to the following diagram, the electr. Consumer, in this case the fischer technology engine, in each case reversed polarity.

Fischer-Werke ? 7241 Tumlingen-Waldach Valley Printed in W.-Germany ? Art. 6 39158 5 Changes reserved (1)

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes, much better. I had stacks of FT stuff when I was a kid. FWIW.

Reply to
Mark

Good plan - thanks

Have you used Fischertechnik yourself?

Reply to
model builder

What is the purpose of the two electrical contact strips down each side of the unit?

Reply to
model builder

Excellent - many thanks.

Could you say exactly what you used to get that please?

I was interested in the use of the contact strips - there are 2 strips of metal about 3mm wide down each of the four sides of the unit.

Must admit - I'm not much the wiser about them - I think that you can attach other units to the relay box - and then electrically connect them in some way - I am unsure why.

Reply to
model builder

Were you living in England? - I first came across it in Holland about

1979/1980. Very, very precise fittings. I was brought up on Meccano in the fifties - I wish I had had FT !!
Reply to
model builder

One of my cousins had some ... I had Meccano and my brother had Lego.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes. IIRC I came across it in an idependent model/toy shop.

I was brought up on lego, but discovered FT in time :-)

Reply to
Mark

[snip]

I went to the URL someone posted:

Right clicked a PDF and saved it to a file. Opened that in Abbyy Fine Reader and OCRd it. Output that in plain text to the clipboard, then went to translate.google.com and pasted it in. Posted the translation as above.

It looks like the box is designed to interlock with adjacent similar boxes:

I would guess there is no electrical connectivity other than via fly leads though.

Reply to
John Rumm

The Poppler package contains pdftotext which extracts the text in a pdf to a file.

Bob Martin

I fed the URL straight into an online OCR page

<https://ocr.space>

and then copied and pasted the result of that into

It gave practically identical results (and OCR/translation errors) to John's result.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Many thanks - appreciated.

I think the "red intermediate plug" as per above provides some electrical connectivity: but I admit I really don't know if it does, and if so, why.

Reply to
model builder

thanks

Reply to