first router recommendations?

Thanks for this list. I'll look them all up. I haven't done anything yet because it's been too cold to go to the shops!

Which is what confused me: 1/2" is supposed to be m,ore useful but everyone recommends the 1/4" for its lightness and maneuverability. Perhaps I should just buy both!

one:

>Go with the Erbauer.

Ah, the good versus bad clones you mentioned above.

Is Erbauer just another chinese import? What does Erbauer mean, it's a strange name?

Is the constant speed under load not standard on routers then? I guess it's a feature that's good to have.

Thanks.

Reply to
Fred

Start with a 1/2" The benefits of a 1/4" are real enough, but only if your router is lightweight and easy to use. The cheapies are often quite heavy.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Reply to
Fred