Fireplace renovation

Hello all,

I am toying with the idea of restoring a couple of old fireplaces in the period property that I own with a view to improving the resale value of the property and am wondering whether anyone has performed a cost benefit analysis of such a project. The reason for asking is that the agents I have has round are not convinced that the work I put in will translate into profit as obviously the cost of DIY restoration will be high. Currently the fireplaces are boarded up and plastered over and I only really want to perform the work if it will be worth my while?

Any thoughts/opinions about this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Fig

How much an hour do you want to charge yourself? Essentially a labour of love I would have thought

Reply to
stuart noble