Firefox disabling add-ons

John Rumm was thinking very hard :

There was an update offered to 66.0.4 this morning, which I accepted. I have not noticed any issues at all.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I have that one pending... I had already patched with the fix posted by mm0fmf above.

Reply to
John Rumm

I was offered versions for Windows 64, Windows 32 and Linux Mint this morning when I got into the office and powered up loads of machines after the weekend. 66.0.4 for Windows, don't have version on Mint and the W32 version was 62.x ESR. All the "what's new" features said they had the fix for this bug.

Glad the .xpi fix worked for you and anyone else who tried it. Several Android users where I work installed it this morning and recovered their extensions etc.

Reply to
mm0fmf

Update of Firefox on Android came through the Play Store today.

All back to normal.

Just as well I wasn't relying on an add-on for anything critical.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Evidently it does not. The big red T icon has reappeared in each PC, and works.

Reply to
dr.s.lartius

It would seem that FF has a bug.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Their own fault. They bug-ered it, but now they've un-bug-ered it.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Just had another update. Seems to have been three in 7 days. But not noticed anything not working.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not read the whole thread, so it might have already been suggested...

But Waterfox still uses Firefox add-ons,

R D S

A post-mortem ...

Andy Burns