Fire Alarms and Fluorescent Lights

Installation instructions state at least 1.5 metres away from any fluorescent light. Does this include cfls and would any similar restriction apply to LED lighting?

Reply to
bert

Would not have though so. 300mm from ordinary fittings is what my Ei Aico alarms say and that's probably more about heat.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yes, and probably.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Depends very much on the nastyness of the power supply of the item. Most of the tube lights are in fact striking and stopping at the mains frequency, some cfls do too some at higher frequencies etc. What is it in the alarm which is going to be this sensitive. I'd have thought if it was that dodgy every office using powerline internet networks would have a permanent fire alarm! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Thank you, as I suspected. I suppose I should get in touch with local F&R and ask them.

Reply to
bert

In article , Brian Gaff writes

These are just small domestic alarms. I have 4 PAR38 downlighters in the kitchen ceiling which I have changed from filament to cfl and now as they fail am moving to LED. It wasn't possible to find a sensible point to fit an alarm and meet the installation instructions assuming they applied to cfl and ultimately led, hence my seeking the wisdom in uk.d-i-y

Reply to
bert