Cross Channel power link broken

Ohhhh shit :-

But the mediuhh seem to be concerned that the UK will suffer when we cannot get enough power from French nuclear power, except that recently the leccy seems to be going the other way.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Mentioned in another thread. Not good, being 1GW down on import options.

Quite honestly, I hope if there is a need to do emergency load shedding, that they choose central London as the victim. Particularly Westminster.

Reply to
Tim Watts

OK who broke it, sounds like a big insurance job to me! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Cable and Wireless took over the State telephone service in Guernsey back in about 2004, and used the branding 'Sure', there and on the IOM. After C&W broke into two companies, C&W communications sold off all their non-caribbean interests to a Middle east company in about 2011.

C&W no longer exists at all. 150 years of history gone.

Reply to
Andrew

Storm Angus. Would be a scot :-)

Reply to
Andrew

Yes, me. Almost singlehanded actually.

Yup.looks like your memory is better than mine.

Sad really. Guernsey telecom were very very good for me.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Lol!

You're fuller of shit than a fertiliser factory.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Actually, you won't believe me of course, but that is in fact the literal truth.

Biggest, most well paid and most fun contract my company ever got as far as I am concerned, and due to various other issues, the job to implement it fell to me almost singlehanded.

*shrug* I am not going to tell you any more than that. I don't actually care whether anyone believes me or not, especially you. I was there, I know what I did, and nothing can change that.

I don't need to impress you to feel superior.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher