Finishing oak table

I have a small oak coffee table which I have just re-waxed with a Cuprinol coloured wax. It looked great initially but is SO susceptible to staining and rings - spilt wine or even condensation forming on a cold plastic bottle will immediately mark it.

Any solutions or advice?

Regards Phil

Reply to
P.R.Brady

If you're going to do those sorts of things, then de-wax it, stain with spirit-based stain if necessary, apply three thin coats or polyurathane varnish, de-nib with fine wet'n'dry, dry, varnish again, rub over with 0000 wire wool to get a matt finish.

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built

Thanks Jerry. Phil