Finding Lost Tools

A teenage son left his bait bag in his bedroom.

I couldn't understand where all the flies were coming from ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

In a teenage boy's bedroom - how could you tell?

You know they've just devised a new shampoo for teenage boys? It's called "Go'n'Wash"

Reply to
Guy King

*just*??

Mr. King. Are you supposed to bring real pub jokes in 'ere?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Letting the thread drift a touch further - and as it's the anniversary of the incident - when the IRA bomb went off in Manchester cars were abandoned in car parks for weeks. A friend had to leave hers there after putting a load of fresh/frozen food in the boot...

Reply to
John Cartmell

Dad's the expert at that one. Usually he keeps them in his top shirt pocket. Bending down to inspect the septic tank was probably his best for, "knowing exactly where he'd put them, just not being able to find them any more"

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I searched the North Sea for mine, after going swimming wearing them. I knew exactly where I'd last had them.

I felt a right p*****k going into the Cod and Lobster trying to find the phone wearing my (prescription) swimming goggles that had been in the car all along.

Reply to
<me9

Well, there were far more than usual :-(

LOL! One of our sons gave Spouse a bottle of Baldy Shampoo for his birthday.

Of course, when that boy discovered what a girl was (a real one, not his sisters) he'd have won the Most Scrubbed Award. And, Dear Reader, he married her, still together 26 years later!

The other boys were never as unhygienic as that one. I never knew whether to be grateful that he wore his boots in bed or to nag about the sheets ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It wasnt one of those, I think a lot of cars were built that way at that time. No, I didnt buy it new :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222

In message , Kevin writes

On my desk: doing some installation work I left a pair of pliers in the back of an equipment rack in Indonesia, bought a new pair when I got back to Blighty and thought no more of it, nine months later there they were sitting in the middle of my desk in the office, no idea how they got back, all they had was my surname on the handle, like something out of a Disney film where long lost old shep appears on the doorstep.

Reply to
bof

I used Unibond bathroom and shower sealant from the local shed. Expensive at 8 quid a go but it's so bloody waterproof it's v.difficult to smooth it after application 'cos it sticks to

*everything*. Flexible too, the only thing that broke it in our case was for some reason the shower tray managed to drop a few mm (don't ask why, I dunno yet!) and the stuff stretched and broke the grout on the surrounding tiles resulting in much leakage.....

The moral to this tale is if yer tray doesn't drop this stuff is good! IMO obviously.

cheers

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Guy King

like something out

I read that as ...long lost old shed appears on the doorstep.

john2

Reply to
john2

In message , john2 writes

I was going to post that tale too, but didn't think anyone would believe it . . .

Reply to
bof

Actually it was common practice for the sheet metal worker constructing the tank to take a stool inside to sit down while working, the guy just forgot to remove it on leaving. Not very exciting is it? The cow story is much better.

Reply to
Broadback