Finding a uncommon nut size

Indeed. Just one, because he needs two.

Reply to
newshound

BSA finally changed to UNF in 1969, and then promptly went bust ;(

-
Reply to
Mark

Is Clerkenwell Screws EC1R 5BY still there?

Reply to
Mike

Only ones in that size range are

1BA (5.3mm dia 0.9mm pitch)

or

7/32" BSF (5.55mm dia 28 tpi)

or

7/32 BSW (5.55mm dia 24 tpi)

or a #12 UNF or #12 UNC both at 5.48mm and either 28 tpi or 28 tpi respectively

As for the availability of any of them off the shelf in brass and particularly as wing nuts it's slim to non existent.

Reply to
The Other Mike

There is a shop in Lincoln at 5 Csketgate that looks very interesting, although I've never been inside but would definately check it out if I wanted something special.

It's called Musgrave (Tools) & Co.Ltd and has been around since 1942!

Reply to
Terry Casey

I spy a lot of Silverline blue on the shelves ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

+1
Reply to