Filling PVC cracks

Anyone got any experience of using this sort of product to fill small cracks in PVC doors?

In particular, has anyone used only part of the product and the rest sometime later? There seem to be several mentions in reviews of having to use it all at once.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Not that, but I have used this

I still have a part tube in the garage, but I expect it's gone off ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks. That looks interesting. I had found this, but it's much more expensive:

I've yet to find a tube of /anything/ of that design which doesn't go off after it's opened. :-(

Reply to
Jeff Layman

You can slow it down by a combination of cling film first to protect the foil and then aluminium foil tightly wrapped around the nozzle. Barrier to moisture and oxygen which seem to be the most common initiators.

You may still need to replace the nozzle next time around though. The bit at the tip exposed to moist air often has enough exposure to cure.

Reply to
Martin Brown

I unscrew the tip and seal the outlet with cling film and them replace the tip, Store it tip down seems to help also

Reply to
fred