Filling a skip - etiquette

I filled a 6 yard skip with crushed concrete and soil once making sure that it was all compacted very well and every inch of capacity was used and that it wasn't 'too much' higher than the sides. When the lorry came to pick it up, the hydraulic support legs just sank straight through the 8 inch concrete in our back alleyway and made it rather awkward to pick up - he managed it after putting plenty of packers under the legs though. Franko.

Reply to
Franko

Yeah - years ago I had a summer job as a mini-skip driver, and I well remember the time when I tried to remove one particular skip - not only was it completely filled with housebricks but they'd been effectively 'laid' within the skip so the contents was like a completely solid block of bricks. God knows what it must have weighed but muggins ended up helping to unload it enough to shift, and it was about half-empty before the truck's front wheels stopped lifting off the ground!

David

Reply to
Lobster