Filler on walls showing through paint

Hi

Is there a trick to hiding filler on painted walls? My lounge walls are not too bad for a house of 1900. I have filled quite a few 'blemishes' on the wall, sanded the wall, then painted it. Although the filler is flush with the rest of the wall, at certain angles you can still see the filler because it has a rougher surface than the plaster. It looks patchy when you stand at an angle to the wall in sunlight. Is there a trick to making it blend in with the rest of the wall? Do I just keep adding more layers of paint?

Reply to
Bramble

aye, it's called wallpaper :-)

RT

Reply to
[news]

It is possible to do what you want to, try a different finner filler?

Reply to
basil

And/or sand down with a finer grade of abrasive. Assuming the finest grade of wet and dry wasn't used in the first place.

Reply to
Alan

tkae fine surface filler, smear on with finger tip, leaving nothing behind.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

The best way is to use lining paper before painting. But you could try some oil based paint of about the right colour first to seal it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

snipped-for-privacy@meeow.co.uk wrote :-

I use the pre mixed stuff in a toothpaste type tube and a creditcard

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff