Fibre 2

In message <urtc30$1dl1p$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, at 19:59:28 on Fri, 1 Mar

2024, John Rumm snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.null remarked:

Just looked at some archived photos (men with cherry-pickers and struggling to pull new fibre through clogged ducts under the pavements - at least one pole they gave up and daisy-chained it overhead from an adjacent one)... July 2022.

There's service available from some ISPs, just not BT or their resellers (like Plusnet).

No-one has spammed me to get me to upgrade from my current TalkTalk

300MBPS FTTC, so perhaps they are still sweating that asset (installed in Feb 2022) as <drum roll> a replacement for a rather wobbly Plusnet 70MBPS.
Reply to
Roland Perry

I was inundated with leaflets from one supplier as soon as the fibre was installed. It wasn't until a 2/3 months later that I noticed that my ISP (Zen) was offering FTTP using the Citylink fibre.

9 months since the fibre was installed in street there are now 4 ISPs offering FTTP via Citylink.
Reply to
alan_m

About 6 weeks ago they were installing fibre to the existing telegraph poles and the workers told me that it would be available in 6 weeks. They were right - OpenReach emailed me yesterday to tell me that it was available and various FTTP packages now appear for my address, on ISP's websites.

Reply to
SteveW